2021/04/24

Amor Fati

I like the idea of fatum brutum amor fati that we need to love our fate and live our life completely. I did not understand that I did not fully make the sense of it until I met an amor-fati person. Anyway, I just found out recently that it is Nietzsche's quote.

The book that I've been reading basically said hope is one of the things that fucked our life. How many times we hope our crush to love us back but they don't. We hope our friends to not to leave us but we end up going separate ways. We hope we can get straight A in every course that we have but we don't. Sometimes our hopes are what killed us. I do not ask you to not to hope because I'm feeling like I sorta-kinda giving a bad vibe, but it is just an uncomfortable truth.

We don't hope for a better life. We simply be a better life.

Amor fati means we need to live at present. Life should be as simple as that but we human is the most sophisticated matter in the universe and sometimes we don't want simple. I don't want simple. I think about my past often. I think about my future. And these pieces of stuff contribute to my insecurities. When I came to think why the universe brings my boyfriend and me together is perhaps because he is the amor-fati guy while I am a planner person.

Sometimes I feel like I know my boyfriend––sometimes I don't. Yet the more I have a conversation with him the more I know about him. I reckon that he pretty much lives to that quote, although I believe even if he knows about the quote, he doesn't really know about what does it means. And after spending time with him today, okay, he is an amor-fati person.

I wonder about those people who put fatum brutum amor fati on their bio, clothes, vehicles, helmets, etc. Are you guys also really live at the present?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

oncontextmenu='return false;' onkeydown='return false;' onmousedown='return false;' ondragstart='return false' onselectstart='return false' style='-moz-user-select: none; cursor: default;'>